Wednesday 8 June 2011

Site Plans

My site plan expands on my floor plan in the fact that is shows how my design will work on site. I have placed my building where it will stand, then have left an area for where my design can be expanded. I have then developed a system of paths which run through the site, with several building nestled into the cliff.
The first, unseen on this site plan, is a hotel which has already been built, the resides on the far left-hand side of the site. Then I have just placed some proposed buildings, not necessarily in the same form, but to have the same function as what I have shown.
They go in order from left to right, continuing the greater pattern of restaurants, on the left, to clubs on the right. I feel a scaled representation of the greater suburbs would be the best plan for this particular site.
A carpark, taxi-rank and delivery zone occupy the lefthand side of the site, this is because there is the only  vehicular access point, and it ties in well with my site planning, as the restauranteers and diners which are situated on the left-hand side are more likely to be driving, where as the patrons of the pubs and clubs would more likely be catching public transport. There is a ferry terminal on the right hand side of the site, as well as bus stops there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment