Wednesday 4 May 2011

Revisiting Sit Analysis

To kickstart the third assignment, I wanted to revisit some site analysis, and get back to some basics, to gain further insight into the what, when, where and why of the Howard Smith Wharves. I zoned the suburbs surounding the site, and noted what impact these would have, and how the site links to them.
 There are four predominant areas around HSW, these being the CBD in orange, the Fortitude Valley in purple, the Residential in green, and the esplanade in blue. All are very different style zones, and I feel my design should accommodate each of them in some way. My restaurant/bar style design works with these zones well for being able to cater for business people and families during the day and afternoon via the restaurant, as an extension of the esplanade and the CBD, but then also become an extension of the Valley at night with with the bar.

Also for the area to become a favourable place to visit, the site cannot just be home to my design, there should be a few building to create choice, and inturn create a favourable location which will draw people in from all directions. The way the site is laid out, with the CBD being on the left hand side, and the Valley on the right hand side, the buildings should correspond with this and mirror or replicate the wider context on a smaller scale, with cafes and restaurants to the left, and pubs, clubs, and bars to the right. I have situated my design in the middle, as it incorporates all context.

No comments:

Post a Comment