Wednesday 11 May 2011

Column Sliding Technical

An integral part of my design was to master a way of making the four outer columns be able to slide, so the roof can be shaped in any crazy way according the the height of each column.
What I have devised is haveing a central I Beam, which is bolted to the sub-floor, then have an aluminium square outer casing, which runs on rollers on the I Beam. This allows for the outer casing to slide up and down.
The space provided by the outer casing leaves enough room for a hydraulic ram. In my design this can be powered mechanically, via a remote control motor, so the module can be adapted with ease. If the modules were being sold seperately, The ram can be run with a hand powered crank which folds into the column.



This gives the module adaptability to to work in a business style place with the ability to run mechanically, and for the public, in public places to run powered by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment